Sunday, April 26, 2009

How I Got Here (Alaska Not How I Was Born)


Well there is the port of Bellingham Washington. From there i took a ferry 37 hours up north.

Weather looks good don't it?... Yeah only on day one.

This is what day two looked like... Cold and rainy... And no I'm not in Alaska yet this is Canada.
Not much to do on the boat but eat read and sleep. I started to get a bit claustrophobic towards the end of day 2... Started running around the boat sitting, down getting up, running to the end of the boat, think about jumping in the water--figured it was to cold and remembered that i cant swim--aborted that idea, ran to the front sat down read took pictures. And that was what i did till i went to bed.
Third and Final day. I see something in the water... Is it the lockness monster? I thought it could be but then I'm not in Irland. Then someone shouted WHALE!!! and my dreams of seeing Nessie dissipated.
At last! Civilization! No more sleeping outside, no more old man sleeping next to me smiling while he slept... I'm not kidding he really did and i tell you what it was VERY creepy. It would take a few days for me to get staple on the ground and soon the motions of the boat tossing and turning will leave my brain and i will be able to walk a strait line.

2 comments:

  1. great pictures like them have a good day and keep sending the picture coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the beginnings of a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete